Our Concert Cameo of JOHNNY PEARSON

Listened to this late last night as I was out all day. Just fascinating! Once again you show your talent for unearthing some very unusual selections from one of my favourite composers. And the comparison between “Heather” and "Autumn Reverie" was brilliant. I know the Richard Carpenter piece very well and have played it many times over the years on the album but I had no idea Johnny Pearson wrote the original - which I had not heard before!! Same great melody but two quite different but equally lovely arrangements. I particularly love the use of harp and cor anglais in the Carpenter orchestration. I have always believed Richard Carpenter to be an excellent composer although of course, I now know he didn’t compose this one!



 (Canadian listener to our podcast on LightConcert Music )

playlist

    radiobox player

    Total Pageviews

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *